If you want to learn how to beautify your outdated tiled floors for less than $100, keep reading! Here’s what my bathroom floors looked like BEFORE I partnered with Rust-Oleum and painted them with the new Rust-Oleum HOME Floor Coating. The grout lines were stained and the tiles were not my style.
Here is what the floors looked like after I used Rust-Oleum’s new HOME Floor Coating 2-part system.
In case you want to try this miraculous floor paint, here’s everything you need to know:
- First, clean your floors. Unlike many floor paints, this floor paint does NOT require sanding prior to use. Just a good clean to remove any wax. No stripping, sanding or priming required! Rust-Oleum recommends Krud Kutter Original Cleaner/Degreaser for tile, vinyl and linoleum – click here.
- Make sure you have all the tools necessary for painting your floors: I used frog tape, a foam roller, and you will need a paint tray (I used an old plate because it’s what I had on hand).
- Then, start painting! First, I applied the Base Coat of Rust-Oleum HOME Floor Coating in “steam grey” matte. Click here to purchase.
- I applied 2 coats (I let it dry 6 hours between coats) and still used less than 1 quart of paint.
- When you are finished painting your floors and they have sufficiently dried, you can need to apply the Top Coat for protection. The Top Coat is available for purchase here.
- Rust-Oleum HOME Floor Coating is also available in kits . You can purchase 1 quart of the Base Coat and 1 quart of the Top Coat in either Matte or Semi-gloss.
How I created the triangle pattern:
- With this floor paint, it is easy to add a stencil pattern on top with another color, BEFORE applying the top coat.
- I created my own pattern using frog tape and painted the triangles using the Rust-Oleum HOME Floor Coating Base Coat in “aged grey” – click here.
After I finished the floors, I decided to paint the tile that runs up the wall in my bathroom (same as the floor tile) in “aged grey.” For best results, I recommend two thin coats of the Top Coat on the vertical tiles.
I am VERY impressed with this product. So far, it is holding up perfectly and has 100% transformed our bathroom. I DEFINITELY recommend it and would FOR SURE use it again!
For more information about Rust-Oleum* HOME Floor Coating visit: rustoleum.com/rohome.
Here is the final look. Happy painting!
*This post is sponsored by Rust-Oleum but all thoughts and reviews are my own and I ABSOLUTELY recommend this product!